Everything we do at Sheikh & Bake Productions tries to be socially meaningful and critically thoughtful.
In this section we have compiled a few resources for you on a variety of topics that have to do with Islam. We will update this section periodically, and bring you the best!
- An aesthetically unpleasant, but an extremely useful website compiled by Alan Godlas
- Resources compiled by one of the leading scholars in Islamic Studies today, Carl Ernst
- Islamic Family Law: Possibilities of Reform Through Internal Initiatives
- Religious Law in America from Pew
- Muslim Informants Prevent Domestic Terror: The Data
- Abu’l Fadl, K. “Islamic Law and Muslim Minorities: The Juristic Discourse on Muslim Minorities from the Second/Eighth to the Eleventh/Seventeenth Centuries,” Islamic Law and Society 1,2 (August 1994):141-187
- al-`Ashmawi, Muhammad Sa`id. “Shari`a: The Codification of Islamic Law,” cpt. in Liberal Islam.
- Khadduri, Majid. “Nature and Sources of Islamic Law,” The George Washington Law Review, 22 (1953): 3-23.
- An-Na`im, Abdullahi. “Shari`a and Basic Human Rights Concerns,” cpt. in Liberal Islam.
- The Spirit of Islamic Law by Bernard G. Weiss
- Shari’a: Islamic Law in the Contemporary Context edited by Abbas Amanat and Frank Griffel
- Sexual Ethics and Islam by Kecia Ali
- Speaking in God’s Name by Khaled Abou El Fadl
- Defenders of God by Bruce Lawrence
- Islamic Family Law in a Changing World by Abduallahi An Na’im
- The Great Theft by Khaled Abou El Fadl
- On Sharia Law by Ebrahim Moosa